Last Modified: 29 August 2023
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
Wella International Operations Switzerland S.à.r.l. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively "Wella Company") welcome you to the website accessible at www.wellacompany.com and Wella's Company various brand websites, including the mobile version or related mobile applications (collectively, the "Wella Company Sites").
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to the Wella Company Sites, make contact with other users on the Wella Company Sites, link to the Wella Company Sites, or interact with the Wella Company Sites in any other way.
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- What's in these terms?
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using the Wella Company Sites you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- Updates to this policy
- Prohibited uses
- Interactive services
- Content standards
- Breach of this policy
- How this contract can be transferred
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Wella Company operates internationally and has offices around the world. Wella International Operations Switzerland S.à.r.l. (our headquarters) is registered in Geneva at Chemin Louis Hubert 1-3, 1213 Petit-Lancy, Switzerland. Contact us via this link on the Wella Company website - www.wellacompany.com/consumer-affairs.
By using the Wella Company Sites, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the Wella Company Sites.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Wella Company reserves the right to modify or update this acceptable use policy at any time without notice and your continued use of the Wella Company Sites after we post a revised acceptable use policy means you agree to be bound by such modifications or updates. We will notify you of any changes to this acceptable use policy by posting a new acceptable use policy and updating the "last modified" date at the top of this page.
You may use the Wella Company Sites only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Wella Company Sites:
- In any way that violates any applicable laws or regulations.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or other commercial content or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code that is malicious, technologically harmful or designed to adversely affect, interrupt, destroy or limit the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to attack a Wella Company Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Wella Company Sites;
- any computer or database connection to a Wella Company Site;
- any equipment, server or network on which a Wella Company Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of a Wella Company Site; or
- any equipment, network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the Wella Company Sites, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
- A comment functionality on posts
- A review functionality
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the Wella Company Sites, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on the Wella Company Sites, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not fool proof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to the Wella Company Sites ("User Content"), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any User Content as well as to its whole.
Wella Company will determine, in its discretion, whether User Content breaches the content standards.
User Content must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with applicable law including the law applicable in the country from which it is posted.
User Content must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, database right or other proprietary or privacy rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be designed to impersonate any person or entity or use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the source.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal content or activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Contain messages by non-spokesperson employees of Wella Company or any of its brands purporting to speak on behalf of Wella Company or containing confidential information or expressing opinions concerning Wella Company and its brands or in any other way give the impression that User Content emanates from Wella Company or its brands, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
- Consist of political campaigning, chain letters or mass mailings.
- Be confidential and/or proprietary (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements).
- Contain personal information (such as messages that include phone numbers, government identifiers, payment card information, account numbers, addresses or employer references), unless Wella Company expressly asks you to provide such information.
When we consider that a breach of this acceptable use policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Wella Company Sites.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any User Content uploaded by you to the Wella Company Sites.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We may at any time assign, transfer or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights and obligations under this acceptable use policy in our sole discretion. If you are a consumer, we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the acceptable use policy.
If you are a business user, this acceptable use policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law and each party irrevocably agrees to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If you are a consumer user, this acceptable use policy is governed by the law of the country in which you live and you can bring legal proceedings in your local courts.